Lagos State Government and Nigerian Medical Association, NMA, yesterday, condemned commercial blood donation in the country, saying that it was against the Voluntary Non-Remunerated Blood Donation, VNRBD, approved by the World Health Organisation, WHO.
Isn't it just supposed to be a voluntary activity without exchanging money?? People had to commercialise blood donation???
Continue after the cut
According to the Commissioner for Health, Dr Jide Idris, “The paid donor is likely to involve in other activities for money as well and will most likely not be living a healthy lifestyle. In addition, they stress the health system unnecessarily as the blood has to be discarded after the rigorous and strict screening process when the blood is found to be unwholesome. This is why we join the rest of the world every year in celebrating our voluntary donors who give the gift that saves lives on a daily basis.”
WAIT!!!!! So there are paid donors???? Okay I might be giving a few current news but its obvious I'm late on this one. I will be even worse if it happens world wide. Who knew about this???? It just me or this is weird?? SMH
